29 Weeks and Counting

>> Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm 29 weeks along, 30 this upcoming Friday and there have been a lot of things that have happened in the last 29 weeks.  It's hard to believe that the 10 week countdown is just days away.

in the last 29 weeks I've discovered:

  • Going through your closet full of clothes finding clothes that fit when your weight changes so frequently is a huge pain.
  • No holiday has smells so strongly associated with it as Christmas
  • My work is the best
  • Chocolate whole milk is the nectar of the Gods
  • Odin is trying to smother my child before she is born
  • Body pillows and memory foam beds are truly the best inventions ever
  • Too much Gingerale in a two week period can make one very, very ill
  • Too many gingersnaps in a two week period can make one very, very ill
  • Round ligament pain is not something to shrug your shoulders at
  • My hair is growing thicker and faster than ever before (and it already grew super fast)
  • Vanilla yogurt is one of my comfort foods, as is pineapple?
  • Ryan is super super patient with me
  • He is going to be an amazing dad
  • My doctor is the best
  • Nothing will get you doing "someday" projects like having a child.
  • Sometimes you just have to let go of the reins, and step down from committees and boards in order to preserve sanity
  • Hell hath no fury like a hot pregnant woman
  • My balance is totally gone
  • Nothing ruins food more than heartburn
  • Contractions are so named because they contract, who'da thunk?
We got our crib this weekend, so I'm caving and starting to really get baby stuff now.  There's so much I have no clue about but its happening in just a little over 2 months.  I'm so excited.  Ryan read a book to her and it melted my heart.

He has a huge concert on May 12 at In The Venue, tickets are $8.00 from band members or $10.00 the day of the show.  I'm planning on going at this point armed with earplugs. Ryan is just excited to play on the same stage that we saw Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins fame.   

Last night I went to a stampin' up card party.  It was fun the demonstrator let us change things up if we wanted to and encouraged us to make the projects ours.  It was a very different experience than the last card party I went to 3 years ago.  I still remember the appalled look of the demonstrator and other attendees when I changed my project up a little bit.  But seriously whats the point of crafting if all we do is copy someone elses work? Where's the authorship in that?

Point being, companies evolve or change, just like people (Corporations are People, lol :) ).  If they don't change they will lose out on new audiences.  I didn't feel like stampin' up was all about matchy matchy-ness anymore, and I'm glad. I felt like it was about what crafting is supposed to be about, empowerment and freedom.  You should check out her blog, she's a new breed of a demonstrator methinks.

Pregnesia is taking a serious toll.  I tried to use a Big Shot and I looked pretty pathetic.  I haven't used my cuttlebug in months, the cricut I've used a lot more recently and of course my beloved Martha Stewart Scoring Tool!  I'm wondering how much of a learning curve I'm going to encounter when I pull them out again.  

3 comments:

Katie Gruber April 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM  

Fun to hear how it's all going! We should talk soon. I'm curious because of your interest in minimalism - do you have any plans for how to control baby-related clutter/things?

I ordered you a special baby shower gift for you last weekend! :)

Kiley April 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM  

I'm so excited for the babe to arrive!

Chelsey April 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM  

YAY!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! When is your offical due date? Have you guys picked out a name yet? You guys are going to be great parents!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP