Valentine's Day Pinterest Censorship

>> Tuesday, February 14, 2012

So first and foremost, Happy Valentine's day to you. 

Now, on to the matter at hand.  *Disclaimer, I'm pregnant and highly hormonal, but screw that screw with any of my bill of rights and I will kick you upside the head.

I got an e-maill from pinterest (whom the masses are pissed about making money off of their pins) letting me know that my pin was reported to their terms of service.

This was the e-mail I received:

We had to remove your pin "It's true, I do love you" from your board "Snarky" because it was not allowed according to our Terms of Service. We don't like the idea of censoring content, but until we have a better filtering system, we expect all users to adhere to our "no nudity" policy:

Photographic images that contain full-frontal nudity or fully exposed breasts/buttocks are not allowed on Pinterest. This does not apply to illustrations, paintings, or sculptures.
So you have it, the original source of the removed image was:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjR1lRFSQxpHR1s7KiyYo5NBHm00gi1j5b1b6yJGQEgWrkOl_G78UWX9Qb5jfL5S6B3BtQ-ViyhzwTkTf06Tb4PY5cKHX0ZT6fMC3t09ClGQx7FZHjiRYozru0kKY7cfKZWQ-7GLi5D4-U/s1600/hooker.jpg
Could you please delete any additional pins containing this sort of content and refrain from pinning or repinning similar pins in the future?
Please feel free to get in touch should you have any questions. Thanks as always for supporting Pinterest.
Ben & the Pinterest Team


You know what I did? I reposted it 5 times in various different places because as far as I can see my pin was not inappropriate. And of course made some noise on FB



What do you think? and What do you do when you feel censored?

For the record, whoever reported that as inappropriate is a derp and I do love Ryan like a back alley hooker loves crack. And if you think that is inappropriate what could be more inappropriate than a overload of cuteness, frosting and sprinkles? This holiday (or Pinterest) needs some more personality.

And for that I won't apologize, I'll just continue to repost the thing in question and gripe about it to the internets.

1 comments:

Karolina February 14, 2012 at 3:46 PM  

Im emailing them now! They sent me the same email and I cant believe it! I dont love Ryan but Im sure he's a great guy!!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP