Bookbinding, Boxes and Envelopes

>> Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Leah knew she was in for a treat when she sat next to me in our first bookbinding class. I couldn't help it, certain types of paper make me swoon and my heart pitter patter. My passion when it comes to all things related to books, paper and literature is hard to contain. So at this point, halfway through my first bookbinding mini class and I'm loving it. I'm getting so many ideas and I always leave feeling empowered. My teacher really knows his stuff and is really good at teaching people who have never crafted before in their life. Its phenomenal and I absolutely love this weekly class.

I'm signed up for the February class at Taylorsville High School on Thursday nights which is only $29.00. If anyone is interested in signing up with me I'm only too happy to see them there.

I'm also signed up for swap-bot, which is an online community exchange. It is a lot of fun gathering items to give to people that they want, can use and will enjoy.

My absolute favorite thing I got for Christmas was a Martha Stewarts Scoring Tool and Board. Its amazing. I can make my own envelopes that fit the 6 x 6 cards that I so stubbornly insist and love making. Not only can I make them, but I can make them in less than a minute. Its another thing that always makes my heart pitter patter. Like dark chocolate, ice cream, and brocoli, yarn, paper; the list goes on.

Its nice to celebrate the small things and its incredibly nice to have small victories in life.

4 comments:

Kiley January 26, 2011 at 6:27 AM  

That DOES sound exciting!

Brad & Mary January 30, 2011 at 8:43 PM  

can't wait for my birthday:)

A February 1, 2011 at 7:56 AM  

7-9, here is the registration info
http://www.granitepeaks.org/index.cfm?method=ClassInfo.ClassInformation&int_class_id=14676

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP