And 2009 Brings....

>> Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I had a beautiful segment on what 2009 brings and I used my google toolbar and was whisked away....Here goes again.

After watching the History Channel’s (Conspiracy Channel) Nostradamus special, the happy feelings I started the new year with were turned on their head. A few days later and I am resolved to return to the positive feelings I had before.


2010 will be a test for my nerves because that will be the year when the expected and unexpected happens. This year is just a precursor to what feels like the rest of my life.

So what do I expect from 2009? I’ve gained a new sister, and Joshy will probably be gone on a mission, a slew of weddings, I’ll turn 23 and Ryan will be 25, another awesome football season for the Utes! our bachelor’s, there will be great times, hard times and days when I feel I’m not going anywhere but I can’t quit, this is a fabulous time in my life and the only time I’ll be a full time worker and part time student. This is a time in my life where I have learned a lot about myself and others around me. And of course there are days I dream of being in a bigger home, but that will come soon enough and right now I am ok with having half of my kitchen boxed up and unused, at least 2/3 of my books boxed up, it really is a beautiful time and I’m happy.
But somedays it feels like we’ll be in school forever, we’ll always be overloaded and beyond busy, but I don’t think life ever slows down unless you make it. Even while in school, if I had every hour I procrastinated homework I’d have weeks if not months. I’m not proud of that, but I have a new resolve to be better about my time management, and hopefully with my internship I won’t feel near so overwhelmed with school.

But a poem that has gotten me through most of my life seems to be as inspiring as ever.

Don’t Quit

When things go wrong; as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out.

Don’t give up though the pace seems slow,
You might succeed with another blow,
Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor’s cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit,
It’s when things seem the worst that you must not quit.

Author Unknown






(This is the version I have, its in a box somewhere...)

I love the line “Success is failure turned inside out”, it’s a threat and a promise. And with the New Year I am hopeful for more than just my small self. The stock market has been going up since 2009 started, a small time but it seems a good omen. There are terrible things going on overseas, and while they shock and appall me, I recognize that my small angry voice will hardly make an affect on anyone, except to anger them.

And so here I bury the arguments of 2008, the many soapboxes I stood upon and called so many to anger, and may the inauguration of a new President usher in a time of unity and a stop of backlash. Looking forward to the future, and hoping the silly issues of 2008 to be closed.

Onto bigger and better things, bring on 2009!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP