Random Ramblement of Current Life Events

>> Thursday, May 6, 2010

So I made some announcements, but have I sent them? So far just to my Grandma's and my immediate family, but other than that I have been slacking.

I tacked up my announcement on the back board where notices go and then a plethora of items started arriving at my desk from people I didn't expect anything from.

My office has been the best, I don't think you understand so let me reemphasize The BEST, clear enough now? No? Well you may think you have THE BEST office but my office has been THE BEST for me, ok so now that I've mentioned the specialization it doesn't sound so in your face.

*I'm content to admit everyone probably has the best of things that circumstance has helped them to believe to be the best and thats ok, its completely conditional and based on experience of life up until this current moment in time. I'm also quite certain that the worst for someone is based upon the aforementioned hypothetical synopsis. And since I'm not really all that competitive having the best is a little out of character for me to state. (yes I think that saying someone is the best has all sorts of flaws and holes in the argument(s), but saying someone is the best for you seems to invoke a certain humility and a measure of probability that can't be deduced from the text written)

But my experience with my office, rather than detracting from school and making me feel like just having a job was more profitable, did just the opposite. They worked with my schedules, allowed me to work through lunches and build up time to use to go to class. My office has been superb and both Ryan and I wouldn't be saying goodbye to our undergrads so soon without them.

Anyway, before I got off on my tangent about my office, I have received heartfelt praise and congratulations from more people than I can count. I feel good about everything, all of our life decisions, buying a condo, getting Link and Odin, I'm really happy, my stress and anxiety has drastically dropped ever since I popped the last paper in my professor's inbox. I'm done. It just never felt like it would really get to this day, but I've learned and grown so much.

Now instead of being mandated to read things, I get to choose what I read. This day has been a long time coming, but its still just so weird to me. Right now I'm doing a textual cleansing, that is I'm not picking up a book for the next month or so, and then I'm deciding what I want to read as opposed to what I've been told I should want to read or what I shouldn't. However, the ever growing list of what I do want to read starts out with a lot of very light reading. I'm quite looking forward to it!


2 comments:

Na May 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS Ang and Ryan! Ang, you are amazing. And we must hang out since our schedules have a little bit of room now.

Brad & Mary May 14, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

Yeah, don't you love this feeling. Someone told me life just continues to get hard as you grow up. Since I have been done with school I happily disgree, I've never been as stessed as I was that 1st, 3rd, and last semester of grad school. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP