T minus 24 hours to Turkey Day

>> Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving is probably my absolute favorite holiday of the year. I love how its focus is on spending time with loved ones while sharing a grand feast. Throughout the years the traditions surrounding this holiday have changed, however the feelings regarding the day stay the same.

While I look back on the years, I see so much to be grateful for, among them I see so many experiences that will forever be treasured memories, so without further ado, the kick off memory run of all things turkey & Thanksgiving through the years with Angie.

Ryan’s Homemade Pumpkin Pie
(if you haven’t had this yet then we’ll have to rectify that)

Ryan’s pumpkin pie is nothing short of amazing. With regard to the current pumpkin shortage this year, I have to say that I’m so glad that I painted mine and that we were able to make countless pies with it. I feel like I’ve had a month’s worth of gearing up for pie on Thanksgiving so Thanksgiving pie’s beware. The amazing thing? There are still 3-4 pumpkin pie’s worth of pumpkin pie frozen in my freezer, so those affected by the shortage give us a call and let us see if you can come grab it.

Office Thanksgiving

For the duration I’ve worked at my current company they’ve had a preemptory Office Potluck Thanksgiving the Thursday before Thanksgiving. No one skimps on this event and besides this year, where it didn’t happen, it’s a favorite event in my heart.

Hebdon Thanksgivings

This event includes typically over 50 people and there are always leftovers and more varieties of pie than even Marie Callender’s can boast. Before the meal, everyone goes around and says one thing they are thankful for, well when I was a you whipper snapper of 8 or 9 I said “I’m thankful for a little brother to tease”, see I was always a snarky little smart aleck.

Hendricks/Jefferson Thanksgivings

Though I’ve never had a Thanksgiving with the whole Jefferson side of the family, these events have been some of the most entertaining and quality fun. Everyone really gets to talk to each other and there are always hours and hours of card games after the feast.

The Year That Was A Little Different

One year was different because my parents had to go back to Wisconsin for a funeral. The remaining result was the kids were left to their own devices, except that we weren’t. Instead we went with my cousins to their other side of the families Thanksgiving. While I was skeptical at first, the feast was grand, and the company was very welcoming. It was far better than what my siblings and I would have been able to do left by ourselves.

Meeks Thanksgivings


I’ve only been to one from my 3 years of married life with Ryan, but tomorrow I’m happily going there. Ryan loves spending time with his family and isn’t able to spend as much time with them as he’d like to because we’re so focused on school and graduating. Ryan’s mom always invites those who she knows wouldn’t otherwise be invited to Thanksgiving and it’s a great experience to be able to see her share her hospitality with everyone.

End Note

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time of year and one of the few holidays with more focus on spending time with family than on buying gifts and presents. I love this Holiday and I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow, spent with those they love and enjoying time together with them.





Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Rachel Steed November 27, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Angie, you are officially my new favorite person for being the ONLY follower of my new fashion blog! You rock.

blair and maisy December 13, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

What fun memories... no wonder it's your favorite!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP