Rejuvenation

>> Monday, August 18, 2008

After much consideration and reverie, it has been concluded that Wisconsin was the best place for me to unwind from the drudgeries of work and school. It has a magic spell that is cast every time I go back. It is so beautiful, with all of the lush green hills and the beautiful lakes, though lacking canyons and mountains.

And best of all, the dairy! By far, their ice cream, custard, cheese, milk, and most food in general, is superior to everything found in the west.

The air was clean, really clean, and I spent days taking it all in, I feel healthier and younger than I have for a long time.

I read a few books, but nothing notable, typically it was more laughable than not. I read selections to my cousin Christi and Ryan and they quite agreed with me at the ridiculousness.

But the trip, the company, the food, the atmosphere was lovely, and I could not have asked for a better anything.

We saw Mary and Brad on Saturday, when we got there which was really nice after their trip to D. C. Everyone met Ryan, really met him, and now they know far more than can be learned under stressful wedding situations. It was fun to get reacquainted with the Jeffersons, since I haven’t seen most of them since I was 17 and even getting to know people I knew very little.

I started this at 8:30 this morning, and it is now 3:41. What can I say I got slammed with work, job security and then some. Things are good, better now as I look at the upcoming year with a rejuvenation that makes it look less daunting.

Pictures will be up soon. Have a good day.

3 comments:

Erica August 18, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

Hi Angie :o) Welcome home! I'm glad you had a good time in Wisconsin! It sounds beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures!

Carolyn Jefferson August 19, 2008 at 5:29 AM  

It was absolutely so wonderful having your family here! I'm glad that we got to meet and know Ryan! We really had a good time together! If only we could figure out some way to move Wisconsin and Utah/Idaho closer together! Love you all!

Lynn September 21, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

Now it's our turn- we're rejuvenating in WI. I think we'd be perfectly content if we could live in WI all our lives. Actually, according to the government my daughters and I have officially moved to my parents in WI. Healthcare is better here, so here we are. No, I have not separated from my good ol hubby... he's just still doing rotations all around the country. Anyways, I agree that WI is a very peaceful, comfortable place. :) Wish I could have met Ryan while he was out this way!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP