Construction coming to a close?

>> Thursday, March 27, 2008

Phase 1 of the office remodel is nearly complete, which means this time next week I will be moving into my nice new space. Hopefully the only things I will have in my office will be my office equipment and my personal files. We will see.

Currently in my office there are all the office supplies, a typewriter, my computer, a multimedia workstation, 2 printers, a fax machine and a huge copier, office mailboxes, the sign out sheets, the car keys, 4 ugly artificial plants, more paper in more colors than an office should ever have, binders. It is quite smashed in here and its probably the hardest 2 months anyone should have to work under. I was all for throwing away several things that are squished under my desk, but the managers said we would need them all someday.

When I went through the office supplies it was pretty gross, several things were older than I am, and I feel no guilt for throwing out objects that are used once every ten years.

The office needed a remodel, parts of it are still laden with 70's forest green and grey carpet. GREY!

Then on top of that I was given more filing than ever because of the big move. Filing duplicates... this office needs to let go off the need of having every single form of correspondence as a hard copy. Digital Age, need we say more? I understand people sue over someone combing their hair wrong, but duplicates? It seems a bit much, and then it makes the files big and cluttered and difficult to find information in.

Irritating? I think so.

1 comments:

Lynn March 27, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Sounds like you're having one of those work days where at the end of the day you need an understanding hubby to put a smile on your face!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP