Day to Day Schedule at Just under 3 Weeks

>> Friday, July 13, 2012

So having a child has been a huge adjustment.  Our darling 6 pound child rules our lives and is simultaneously wrecking whatever normal routine we may have had.

A normal day without any med appts goes about like this.

Wake up around 11:00 am (sometimes 1:00 pm) for the day

Crash around 4:00 or 5:00 pm for a nap after eating

Wake up around 7:00 or 8:00 pm

Crash around 10:00 or 11:00 pm

Wake up around 1:00 or 2:00 am

Wake up around 4:00 or 5:00 am

Wake up around 7:00 or 8:00 am

>Repeat<

The nurses told me that she can go one 6 hour period without eating, since we have left the hospital that has yet to happen, even with tummy time tricks and double swaddling. I'm really really looking forward to that delightful day when it comes to fruition.

Morning appointments are the bane of my existence. Insane July heat keeps us tucked inside.

I'm convinced more delivery places need to stay open till midnight. Past midnight would be good too.

Grocery shopping has never been so hard.

Typing complete sentences has never been so hard.

I'm tired of telling people how tired I am all the time.  I may be recovering well, but I still feel like I got run over by a truck.

Dixie is starting to be more awake (albeit still at night) and reaching out to us.  We survived the billi bed  -aka the tron bed, light treatment and love snuggling and cuddling her so much.

She's a doll and we love just staring at her and are just so entranced by her.

We love our Dixie Bug and can't believe she's 3 weeks tomorrow. I was a very proud momma when they said she'd gained 4 ounces since we'd left the hospital :).

Ryan's been above and beyond incredible. I'm so so grateful we're a team.  I don't know how I could do this without him.

So many people have come to our aid with making us dinner, getting groceries and other tasks for us.
I'm really truly grateful.

1 comments:

Kiley July 21, 2012 at 3:34 PM  

Hang in there! I'm so excited to meet your darling little babe!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP