Project 333 Update

>> Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So I shared my experience with Project 333 with Courtney Carver and my feedback can be found here. Courtney is the awesome instigator of Project 333 and is always so upbeat about minimalism. I really do like how the minimalistic fashion has affected my life. I wish I could say that it changed the way I treated my clothes, but old habits die hard.

Since my feedback was sent in, a few things have happened. Link and Odin ‘licked’ my beige flats clean of snow, but instead of stopping there they ate my shoes. That is another one to add to the list of destroyed by puppies category. So far they’ve destroyed 5 pairs of shoes and a cardigan. I’m still learning how to have puppies I guess and they’re still growing up.

So I went out and replaced them since all my other shoes are gone. I feel like I fudged the rules for project 333 a little but its not like I meant for the shoes to be destroyed. My black leather boots weren’t holding up to harsh winter weather like they have for the past 7 winters. The last time I took them to the shoe maker he told me that this was the last time he could clean them up. So I got rid of my black boots and replaced them with brown winter boots. I miss the black a lot, but its been nice to have shoes that are winter appropriate.

My back was hurting from my black boots and the little beige flats needed a trip to the cobbler. So maybe the puppies intervening saved me in the long run.

Ryan and I went for a walk in the snow before then and my feet were freezing in the black boots. The wind wasn’t being held out. We went for a walk during a snow storm last weekend with my new waterproof boots and I was warm and not freezing. Its so fun to be out in storms when everyone else is inside hibernating, there is nothing more serene than the glistening snow at night.

So do you think I have failed project 333 or do you think that even the best made quality items still have a shelf life? I’d love to hear.

3 comments:

Brad & Mary December 5, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Your project 333 inspired me to get rid of 4 pairs of shoes I've been holding onto. Of course I replace them with 3 other pairs but one less right:)

A December 6, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

Its a start. Hope letting go of them has been freeing for you.

A

Na December 8, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

That was a super awesome interview. :D Anyways, oh, I think you followed the rules as realistically as your personal situation allowed.

It's been really great to hear about your experience.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP