January Funk

>> Thursday, January 14, 2010

Have you ever gone through something voluntarily with the thought that you could go back to who you were before? What happens after you’ve achieved your goal? Have you ever had difficulty resuming your lifestyle from before?

That’s where I am.

I’ve become a hermit of sorts, and I’ve become comfortable with spending more evenings just relaxing. Part of me wants to go back to the party planner I was, but even if its boring for others, I’m happy with staying at home more often than not.

I keep trying to justify that this is because I took on so much last semester. And while its partially true, I’m more concerned with my lack of desire to be involved with things and create. I made some cards more out of duty than desire and to me they look awful.

I’m in a complete and total funk and all I want to do is rest. I’m not interested in going back to my super social and creative self, she took a lot of work to wear. While I’m in this rut, I’m interested in doing and seeing new people that I haven’t talked to in the last 4 months, but I’m completely disinterested in calling people and setting things up or pulling out my crafts.

I made a few things for Christmas, but that was it.

Maybe this is January talking. Maybe its more, I guess we’ll see.



Back to my questions at the beginning, what do you do when you’ve gone on hiatus from something so long that it no longer feels natural? Do you reacquaint yourself gradually or do you plunge head first back into things? Or do you cut ties with those hobbies and find new ones? At what point do you know you can never go back?

1 comments:

Brad & Mary,  January 14, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

baby steps:)and sometimes by going through a funk you find new interests

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP