Books That Have Single-Handedly Changed My Life

>> Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm an avid bookworm and have been so very lucky to read such phenomenal books within my major. Some have been trying but a lot of them have been immensely rewarding and changed me.

Some have just been so fun, while others have been so heartfelt and still others have been so well written.

Opening up a book for me is like sitting down for a feast. My specific genre's of interest are Children's Lit, Sci Fi, Fantasy, Periodic novels, and Alternate history/future, . Of my top favorites are:

Robin Hobb's The Farseer Trilogy
Robin Hobb's Liveship Traders Trilogy
Robin Hobb's The Fool Trilogy

Markus Zusak's The Book Thief

Lauren Halse Anderson's Speak

Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian

John Case's The Genesis Code

Shel Silverstein's The Giving Tree
Dr. Seuss's The Lorax

Mary Ellen Edmunds' You Can Never Get Enough of What You Don't Need: The Quest for Contentment

Jane Austen's Persuasion
Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey

Douglas Adam's The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy Series

Soon to follow will be a review on each of these.

1 comments:

Brad & Mary,  July 6, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

I've read one, the Book Thief. Brad has read none. I'm excited to read your reviews:)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP