Snack or Feast?

>> Monday, September 8, 2008

I have read Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer, and I’m not impressed by it at all. Its like my pickiness with watching movies, they should do something for me, otherwise why should I waste my time watching? Time is something I value, I don’t have enough of it. I’m always in a hurry, busy, and I welcome days where nothing is planned. Even getting sick is a blessing, as it forces both Ryan and I to slow down.

Back to the book, its candy, its like chocolate, easy to consume but not nourishing, lest its dark chocolate, but the whole series has been gross waxy chocolate. Even worse is that people are raving about it, this very very unhealthy book series. However, I feel that with Breaking Dawn, there was too much and people finally took a stand against the impracticality and the difference between that and real life.

Good writers don’t let you question between what is reality and what is the book’s reality. They tell you what is real, and when you finish the book, you ache for that other reality, or location, you feel its departure and ending acutely. This is not the case with mediocre writing.

Astounding difference, “The Book Thief” written some few years ago has a more poignant story and makes you miss the world and story. Perhaps I have been spoiled, I’m fairly certain I have had the good fortune to get my hands on stories and books that have enriched my being.

Now let us compare, what would you rather have, a beautifully delicious feast or a simple Hershey’s bar? I felt like “Breaking Dawn” was a simple American waxy chocolate bar. Where is the quality in that?

Now to go find myself a feast.

2 comments:

Shan September 26, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Apparently I happen to like american waxy chocolate. I was completely satisfied with Breaking Dawn.

PS - Hope all is well.

A December 4, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

There is nothing wrong with liking american waxy chocolate, its just not for me and I demand more from fang-less vampires....

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP