Plaid Suit Coats

>> Thursday, May 29, 2008




My dad was always known at church for his Plaid Suit Coats, at first they mortified me, but later I grew rather fond of them.

These were no fashionable jackets, one even had pink on it, but Dad wore them proudly despite all the comments deterring him from wearing them. They were his Uncle Carl’s and of great sentimental value. One year, I had to give a talk on Father’s day, one of my remarks was about my Dad’s plaid suit coats, because despite how they embarrassed all of us girls, he wore them. I said that I wanted to marry someone who would be able to wear plaid suit coats. I think I did. Ryan is awesome. He does not care what people think about him, he never holds back from who he really is. To me, it is an incredible trait, although at times embarrassing, but I think, the best, overall.

He is not easily swayed by the media or fashion, I am.
He is not prone to changing who he is around people, I think because of him, I am less frequent to do so.
He thinks for himself.
Isn’t afraid to tell someone they are wrong, but isn’t confrontational.
He isn’t afraid to play with kids, and he will be an amazing Dad someday.
Isn’t afraid to be a dork, wait I’m always a dork!

Currently, he is sporting the composer crazy hair do and I love him because of it. I wouldn’t be surprised if maybe he has a hidden plaid suit coat in his closet somewhere.

3 comments:

Lynn June 2, 2008 at 5:24 AM  

My dad has a college picture taken in a plaid suit. He says it was borrowed, but I don't know. :) It's great how we love those little quirks about our parents now that we see them in a different light.

We are making Holmfeet a private blog. We'd like to send you a reader invite, please please give us your email address via email (lynnoba@hotmail.com) or comment on Holmfeet. That way you can view our blog anytime. Thanks!

blair and maisy June 4, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

Well, it sounds like you got your wish of marrying someone that would proudly wear a funky plaid suit coat out in public. Maybe Scott will let Ryan borrow one.

Shiree June 20, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

That reminds me of my dad. He used to wear bow ties because no one else did and it embarassed us. He stopped wearing them a while ago and I asked him why. He said that it's because the bow ties didn't embarass us anymore! Now we think they're fun.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP